Nearly-Midnight The genealogy website relating to the family. A tangled web of people all related to one another, explore!
Robert Clark The Father of Henry Martyn-Clark - A missionary out in the North-West Frontier of India. One of the first Europeans to set foot in Afganistan
Affetside Census
A small village north of Bury, Lancashire, I can trace many of my immediate ancestors from there. On the Roman Road, Watling Street
Andrew Martyn-Clark My Father and his part in my World. Also my mother and his parents too.
Henry Martyn-Clark My Great Grandfather, his roots and his achievements. Discusses malaria but also his confrontations with Islam.

Update!


Many photographs have been added! LazylikeSunday.net home page lists them Please copy and reuse them - a link to LazylikeSunday will be much appreciated!

Monday 2 May 2011

East Ardsley - St Michael's with St Gabriel's

I had the fortunate task of photographing a wedding in this church. It really is quite a small church but lovingly cared for and well maintained. There is clearly a dedicated and loyal bunch of people who work for their church. There is a good up to date website. I had the good fortune to speak to the vicar, well informed, great service too!

There is a war memorial close to the entrance of the church which is also has the appearance of being remade. Some of the letters on the memorial are starting to peel off, and some renovation work would be useful, but all the letters are still legible. A good visit a nice church and good weather. Biting wind though!  Apart from the "standard" pictures of the memorial and the church I have added other pictures in the store as well as the inscription and names.
This memorial is also registered in the UK National Inventory of War Memorials as

EAST ARDSLEY

UKNIWM Ref: 29228

Some of the information recorded by them is incomplete I will forward web address to them.


No comments:

Post a Comment