Nearly-Midnight The genealogy website relating to the family. A tangled web of people all related to one another, explore!
Robert Clark The Father of Henry Martyn-Clark - A missionary out in the North-West Frontier of India. One of the first Europeans to set foot in Afganistan
Affetside Census
A small village north of Bury, Lancashire, I can trace many of my immediate ancestors from there. On the Roman Road, Watling Street
Andrew Martyn-Clark My Father and his part in my World. Also my mother and his parents too.
Henry Martyn-Clark My Great Grandfather, his roots and his achievements. Discusses malaria but also his confrontations with Islam.

Update!


Many photographs have been added! LazylikeSunday.net home page lists them Please copy and reuse them - a link to LazylikeSunday will be much appreciated!

Monday 9 May 2011

Broadway, the 'Jewel of the Cotswolds'

Broadway and the memorial
 Broadway is situated in the Cotswolds and was for long a stopping off spot on the families journey to the south. Fortunately I managed to dig out a picture of the memorial in the centre of the village. As I remember nothing changed in all the years we visited. As you can see from the text and Post office stamp the date was 31st of May 1960.
This needs to be enlarged to see the car just to left of the memorial. The name of the cafe is "The Cotswold Cafe" the tailors name is Harold I Green.
Rear of card


It is clear that exams are just an issue in the 1960's as they are today.

Will be going back shortly, reenacting the trip that my father and I did in the '60's when he visited his Aunts' in Cornwall.

No comments:

Post a Comment